Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update on Ballroom Costume

The search for fabric for the ballroom dress is an ongoing process. I'm thinking to use the Pistachio Chrisanne fabric because it's made specifically for dance costumes and has good drape and flow. I've also been working on making up my own pattern based on another dress pattern. I'm editing in photoshop and then my plan is to project the image onto paper on a wall, adjust it to the proper size, and trace it that way. Patterns for ballroom dresses are ridiculously expensive, I don't feel like paying $45 for one. So here's a little look at what the pattern should look like, though I'm still doing some editing so we'll see how it turns out.


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Renaissance Fair Costume

So the bloomers I was working on (there, I've gone and given away the secret project. Oh well.) are being a pain. There isn't quite enough continuous fabric on the spotted shirt to make the pattern fit so I'm going to have to get creative. I was a little frustrated though so I decided to set it aside for some time.

In the meantime, I finished my Renaissance Faire costume! By which I mostly mean I figured out what skirts and shirt I'm going to wear with it. So check it out!

Fun fun fun!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Project!

I'm about to start a new recycling project using some old clothes from a thrift store! I'll have another post with more project details soon, but until then, here's a picture hint of what I'll be using!

Finished Corset

I haven't been doing a great job keeping up as I go, but the corset is finished!

Here are the lining pieces after chalking and everything:

I had to cut the pieces down a lot from the original size and after some repeated taking in, I got it down. I then had to sew the lining pieces to the jacquard, insert the busk in the front, insert boning, and put in eyelets. After everything here's what it looks like complete with rennaisance chemise!

I will add some more detailed pictures later.